Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #1 
With Modified Rules (and Yoda Jumps for Glee even though CM has shown he is just as big a scumbag as PBF).

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/04/09/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-2-will-happen-in-octagon-with-modified-rules-per-report/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/


0
YODA MASTER

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,224
Reply with quote  #2 
It’s a boxing match inside an octagon:
.@FloydMayweather will fight @TheNotoriousMMA in the octagon. With 4 ounce gloves, no shoes, 5-five minute rounds in 155 division.

No kicks, no take downs, no elbows, no knees. Certain things will be allowed like the clinch

0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YODA MASTER
It’s a boxing match inside an octagon: .@FloydMayweather will fight @TheNotoriousMMA in the octagon. With 4 ounce gloves, no shoes, 5-five minute rounds in 155 division. No kicks, no take downs, no elbows, no knees. Certain things will be allowed like the clinch


Its a fricking barefoot boxing match... I hope everyone is smart enough to NOT tune in to this one as these 2 guys are just trying to steal fools money again like they did last time.

I will be watching Moana for the 532nd time with my daughter instead. 
0
marduk

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 602
Reply with quote  #4 
No kicks, no take downs. Tells you all you need to know.

Floyd's cowardice is the stuff of legends. His spinelessness will live on in the hallowed halls of antiquity as an example of how to do the least and make the most.

Watching Moana with a toddler is a bridge too far for me...might have to rewatch an old ep of Sopranos or True Detective instead. Even if I did give in and try to watch, I wouldn't pay the PPV -- but it's harder to find things on Kodi these days unless you have a VPN.
0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #5 
Moana is good. . Man I like alot of these darn movies now lol I can sing all of The Rocks parts lol

Also you can't call out Floyd without equally placing blame on Connor Connor is signing the contract knowing full well this is not an MMA match but a big money grab so he is as complicit as Floyd is so is Dana White alstom bags my book are equally trash don't make one guy the bigger bad guy because he makes the most money
0
marduk

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 602
Reply with quote  #6 
This is what I believe is referred to as a false equivalency.

Conor is undoubtedly complicit in the fight being a cash grab. But that's the financial aspect and not the competitive one. He's certainly not the one saying I'll fight you in the Octagon but only if you agree to boxing rules.

All this does to me is prove that Floyd has about as much cojones as Chelsea Manning, and that he is almost certainly going broke, given his lifestyle and tax woes. If he was such a brave warrior he'd fight Macgregor under MMA rules and actually put something at risk. Instead it's just another manifestation of his fixation with the undefeated record more so than the actual sport.

Sounds like he's headed for a sobering realization: the IRS is pretty much undefeated too. I foresee some more time behind bars for him...maybe he can share a room with Martin Shkreli.

They are both delusional vermin. And I still don't think I'm gonna be watching Moana, let alone singing the Rock's parts. You're a better man than me.
0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #7 
#dadlife, I love it.  

Connor is basically saying "aye man I will sign anything you give me long as I get to cash in too..."  He probably already signed to lose the fight regardless.. Let us be honest their saga is closer to WWE as opposed to boxing or MMA. 
0
ChargedUpHog

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 298
Reply with quote  #8 
Moana, Frozen, and Beauty and the Beast are on heavy rotation at my house. Had to watch Bloodsport by myself just to keep my sanity.
0
grafikdetail

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 862
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marduk
This is what I believe is referred to as a false equivalency.

Conor is undoubtedly complicit in the fight being a cash grab. But that's the financial aspect and not the competitive one. He's certainly not the one saying I'll fight you in the Octagon but only if you agree to boxing rules.

All this does to me is prove that Floyd has about as much cojones as Chelsea Manning, and that he is almost certainly going broke, given his lifestyle and tax woes. If he was such a brave warrior he'd fight Macgregor under MMA rules and actually put something at risk. Instead it's just another manifestation of his fixation with the undefeated record more so than the actual sport.

Sounds like he's headed for a sobering realization: the IRS is pretty much undefeated too. I foresee some more time behind bars for him...maybe he can share a room with Martin Shkreli.

They are both delusional vermin. And I still don't think I'm gonna be watching Moana, let alone singing the Rock's parts. You're a better man than me.


have you been drinking with lattimo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 
His total career earnings are about $1.1 billion… 
he'll be fine GET THAT HATE OUT YO HEART πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚




0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #10 
LMAO...

Floyd could literally blow 100m in one night... and be good.  I don't advise it but..
0
marduk

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 602
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grafikdetail


have you been drinking with lattimo? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 
His total career earnings are about $1.1 billion… 
he'll be fine GET THAT HATE OUT YO HEART πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚




You really can't be that, uh, unrealistic...I don't know, maybe you are. So here's a reality check and your free teachable moment of the day:

Earnings after tax: substantially less. I'm not a CPA but that would put him in the top bracket.

Now consider what he blows on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis on sh*t like jewelry, cars, gambling, his entourage, legal fees, property upkeep, kids' needs, etc. Dwindling fast, ain't it?

I'm sure he's got some investments and much of what he earns in an LLC or whatever shelters his dough. But then, as I've said many times before and will remind you of again, there's that little matter of p*ssing off the IRS. Can't touch those before 62 anyway without penalty.

And they love to comb through the accounts of wealthy folks who make money and don't pay what they feel is their lawful share. Don't believe me? Ask that Bilzerian guy who used to live in Tampa. They don't care whose name you put it under; you made it, it's fair game.

Floyd is only considering this UFC nonsense because he is rightfully concerned about where he'll be financially in 10-20 years. Maybe 2-3 years if he continues on the path he's set upon.

Be very aware of what a friend of mine who is a lawyer for NYPD told me -- when you either sue or end up on the radar of a government entity, "they will invade you".

I don't care enough about him to hate him. That takes effort. I feel sorry for him because he's most definitely not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, and money can't buy brains. Watch Billions for a fantastic exploration of money, greed and power. Everyone runs up against some sort of adversity and not even the ones who have fortune and influence can escape repercussions.


0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #12 
I don't know how much he burns... I know he flashes stuff for show and for his moniker but I think he is not doing as much of that as we think... Just what he flashes.  The IRS is different... If they are on him they are on him. 
0
marduk

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 602
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peezy28
I don't know how much he burns... I know he flashes stuff for show and for his moniker but I think he is not doing as much of that as we think... Just what he flashes.  The IRS is different... If they are on him they are on him. 


I think it's partially both. He does love to be ostentatious but lifestyle maintenance in his case is also a perpetual money suck. Not that I personally can speak, but anyone who's had to pay spousal or child support knows all about this real well.

True story: friend of mine used to work for ASCAP. Years ago, when The Police reunited for a tour, he explained to me how the revenues weren't coming in like they used to, especially for Sting and his houses all over the globe. Would've thought a guy who had written so many hits would be financially set, but as my friend said at the time, "Everyone's f***ing broke."

Floyd is only 40. He's got f-you money but not necessarily forever-retired money. And I know personally that the IRS wants their pound of flesh if they feel you haven't given it.

(We got fined a small amount years ago for accidentally not including something on our taxes, they picked us randomly for audit and nailed us. Paid what we owed on the spot, no lawyers or CPA involved...IRS representative, who was surprisingly accommodating, told us flat out that when you try to swerve or fight them, you get special attention. Not going down that road again.)
0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #14 
I mean... just his last fight and the Pacquio one were retired for ever type of money and that's without his promotional company.

I know Floyd burns but I think So Haymon is going helping to keep him a very wealthy person till he's dead and gone.
0
vsmfloridafb

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 658
Reply with quote  #15 

My guess is you know less about Floyd's finances and spending habits than you do about boxing. Not setting a high bar I know but I wanted to point out that despite typing graph after graph you really don't have a clue. 

This fight is never happening. No offense to the sterling reports out of the Dubai Sports Journal, which was backtracked about 48 hours later.

https://twitter.com/WorldBoxingNews/status/983773104466837505

 

 

0
peezy28

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,445
Reply with quote  #16 
Good... Did not want to hear about another farce... and yeah Ole Marduk sounds like he is on the IRS task force beamed at Floyds Duck Tail Money vaults. 
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.